James Milton - Resume
Creative Technologist based in Amsterdam with 8+ years of experience creating digital products and experiences. Skilled in software development, hardware prototyping, project management, motion and UI design.
Work Experience 🎒
LOOP - Creative Technologist & Motion Designer
2021 - Present
- Responsible for applying technology in all aspects of the LOOP’s creative work.
- Developed custom tools, applications, plugins and integrations for use within production workflows.
- Created engaging graphics and interactive experiences using various creative toolkits. Watch my reel.
Red Bull - Digital Creative Manager
2019 - 2021
- Managed, designed, and developed digital experiences for web, mobile, and AR, reaching millions of daily users.
- Tested and implemented new and innovative technologies for use at HQ, on-premise and during events.
- Coordinated with external agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver high-quality digital products that met business and user needs.
Arup - Creative Technologist Researcher
2018 - 2019
- Contracted by the ‘Urban Flows Observatory’ to continue my research and development of a digital twin for smart buildings.
- Combined VR and real-time data from sensors and IoT devices to visualise urban flows and patterns.
Rolls-Royce - Software Engineer Internship
2016 - 2017
- Contributed to developing mixed-reality systems to visualise the system functioning of Rolls-Royce jet engines.
University of Leeds - MA in Digital Design
- Specialised in data visualisation, UI and motion design.
- Awarded the School of Design Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Graduated with Distinction (4.0 GPA).
University of Sheffield - BSc in Computer Science
- Specialised in web, IoT and VR.
- Received wide recognition for my published paper titled ‘Visually Displaying Past and Present Smart Building Data Through Virtual Reality’.
- Graduated with First-class (4.0 GPA).
SOFTWARE: JAVA / PYTHON / GIT
HARDWARE: RASPBERRY PI / ARDUINO
GAME ENGINES: UNITY / C# / TOUCH DESIGNER
3D: CINEMA 4D / AUTODESK
2D: FIGMA / AFTER EFFECTS
Client Experience 💼
Amazon, Audi, Atomic, Breitling, Porsche, Puma, Red Bull, Siemens, Tupperware and many more.